- Salt & pepper (for the people)
- 1 cup orzo
- 1 cup frozen peas
- 4 carrots, sliced
- Drizzle of honey (optional)
- 1/2 cup grated parmigiano-reggiano cheese
1. Bring a medium pot of water to a boil, add the orzo & cook until just before al dente, about 7 minutes. Add the peas & cook for 1 minute; drain & return the pasta & peas to the pot.
2. While the pasta is cooking, in a medium saucepan, cover the carrots with water & bring to a boil. Cook until tender, about 12 minutes. Drain, reserving about 1/2 cup cooking water, then transfer the carrots to a food processor. Add the reserved cooking water & honey, if using, & process until smooth.
3. Stir the carrot puree into the pasta & peas. Portion out half for the fids & let cool before serving; season the people's portion with salt & pepper. Sprinkle with parmesan & enjoy.
*** The pups will like this one, too! J