- 2/3 cup buckwheat, toasted
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 zucchini, grated
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- Salt & pepper (for people portions)
- 10 eggs, beaten
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh basil, plus thinly sliced leaves for sprinkling
- 1 cup sour cream (for people portions)
1. Preheat the oven to 400°. In a large pot of boiling, salted water, cook the buckwheat, undisturbed, until tender, about 15 minutes; drain.
2. Meanwhile, in a medium, ovenproof nonstick skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat; add the zucchini & two-thirds of the garlic & cook until the zucchini is brown around the edges, about 10 minutes. Stir in the buckwheat & cook for 2 minutes.
3. In a large bowl, combine the eggs & 2 tablespoons basil. Add to the skillet & cook, scrambling, until half-cooked. Transfer to the oven & bake until the frittata is set, 8 to 10 minutes; cut into wedges.
4. Meanwhile, in a small bowl, stir together the sour cream with the remaining garlic & 1 tablespoon basil. Add a dollop to each wedge for the humans & sprinkle with the sliced basil.